GGFC is adding a Saturday outdoor training session in addition to our ZOOM classes. We understand that some of you or your families may not be ready to take this step yet and that's okay! GGFC will still be actively training on ZOOM.
Of course, GGFC will be taking every precaution to stay safe while we train outside. You will receive a separate email with GGFC's outdoor training protocols.
The coaches are so excited to be able to move outdoors with you and work in-person with everyone. We have searched long and hard for the ideal location with plenty of space and ease of access.
SO... What do you need to train on this Saturday?
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
You need to tell us you are coming (we are limited to 20 athletes!)
To do that you must:
1. Complete and fill in the Covid-19 training questionnaire BEFORE you arrive for training. The link is HERE. This will serve as a reservation for your training session.
2. Sign ALL the waivers attached to this email and then send them back to us at
WHAT should you bring?
1. Your Face Mask! All training will be done masked.
2. Shoes with padding and support - maybe not fencing shoes as the asphalt will shred them - running shoes, outdoor tennis shoes or basketball shoes.
3. Your own personal bag or backpack containing:
1 Tennis ball with your NAME written in marker on it.
1-2 water bottles FILLED with water as there is no place to fill water bottles
Sunscreen and Sunglasses
A pair of work gloves that you can use when we do work which requires your hands to be on the ground (to protect your hands from the asphalt)
Another layer (warm jacket, sweatshirt)- just in case
Personal hand sanitizer
Your own "sweat" towel if needed.
Do you have questions or need HELP?
Mike's phone is 415 867 4821
Maureen's phone is 415 786 9834
Please call us if you have trouble finding us. We will have a coach stationed at the entrance.
Please respond via the Covid 19 training questionnaire if you are attending. The link can be found here.
Mike, Paul, Maureen, and Bob
Private Lessons for Adults
GGFC is adding in-person lessons and Fast Track Classes for ADULTS 18 years and older in addition to our ZOOM classes. This is in accordance with the San Francisco Department of Public Health.
We understand that some of you or your families may not be ready to take this step yet and that's okay! GGFC will still be actively training on ZOOM.
Of course, GGFC will be taking every precaution to stay safe while we offer in-person private lessons. You will receive a separate email re-iterating GGFC's in-person training protocols.
The coaches are so excited to be able to work individually with you at the fencing center again.
Please see the protocols below:
1. Prior to your lesson or fast track appointment, you must fill out the following paperwork:
2. All payments will be done PRIOR to your class and will be done electronically.
3. You will enter through the large garage door entrance. There is a dedicated entry lane and a dedicated exit lane.
4. Please sanitize your hands upon entry.
5. You will have a temperature check done each time you arrive for your lesson.
6. You will need to arrive dressed in clothes appropriate for your lesson. The locker rooms and changing rooms are closed.
7. Masks must be worn at all times - even under the fencing mask.
8. There will be no handshakes before or after the lesson. Saluting is still allowed.
9. You must bring your own FILLED water bottles. The sink has been closed until we can get the touch-less system installed.
10. The gym will be divided up into warm up zones and lesson zones.
11. For new students taking the Fun Pack, your lessons will be taught using pool noodles. No equipment necessary.
12. For new students who want to take private lessons, you will need to buy your own fencing glove, Jacket and mask. We recommend the following companies located in San Francisco.
13. After the lesson, please pack up all your items, sanitize your hands and leave by the exit lane.
14. Violation of these policies forfeits your next lesson until you review the policies and promise to follow them.